Monday, May 19, 2003

Dems finally starting to attack Bush on national security?

As you all know, I'm a Dean fan. But I applaud Sen. Kerry for his comments taking the Bush administration to task for its failures in the war on terror. "Al-Qaeda never went out of business ... and I think that the triumphalism of this administration, the president's comments and others' about al-Qaeda on the run has really exceeded reality," US senator and presidential hopeful John Kerry told NBC's "Meet the Press" program. "What's happened is we broke the beehive, but we didn't kill the bees and we certainly haven't killed the queen bee." "This administration has been disengaged in the Middle East, lackadaisical about the relationship with Saudi Arabia. And I think we could be tougher and I think we could be smarter in how we protect Americans." I just wish it hadn't taken the Riyadh and Moroccan attacks for some Democrats to find the courage to attack Bush on such an obvious point. Hesiod has some excellent comments on this over on his blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home