Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Obama disses Giulliani!

If you insist on reading a diss into Michelle Obama's "run your own house/run the White House" comment then isn't it more likely that it was a diss on Rudy Giulliani?

Here's the even fuller quote:

That one of the most important things that we need to know about the next President of the United States is, is he somebody that shares our values? Is he somebody that respects family? Is he a good and decent person? So our view was that, if you can’t run your own house, you certainly can'’t run the White House. So, so we’'ve adjusted our schedules to make sure that our girls are first, so while he’s traveling around, I do day trips. That means I get up in the morning, I get the girls ready, I get them off, I go and do trips, I’'m home before bedtime. So the girls know that I was gone somewhere, but they don’t care. They just know that I was at home to tuck them in at night, and it keeps them grounded, and, and children, the children in our country have to know that they come first. And our girls do and that’s why we’re doing this. We’re in this race for not just our children, but all of our children.

Note the use of "he" in the initial part of the quote. Since Hillary is not a "he" then Michelle, if she was referring to a candidate other than her husband, must have been referring to another male candidate. Which candidate has the worst reputation when it comes to "managing their own house"? Rudy Giulliani!

I still think this comment was never meant to be a diss on anyone and was simply a comment about her own family. But the Rudy interpretation certainly fits the facts better than the Hillary interpretation.

But that wouldn't be as delicious a story would it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home