Friday, September 26, 2008

Sarah the slack-jawed yokel

I think rural/small town voters are often portrayed unfairly in this country as nothing more than hicks and hayseeds. I understand completely the resentment that comes in response to that portrayal. I'm a Democrat and I hate being portrayed as nothing more than a red book wielding dirty fucking hippie.

I have to constantly remind Democrats that it is really stupid and petty to talk about rural voters as if they need to be lead out of the dark valley of ignorance by benevolent liberals. It's just really bad politics.

Having said all that...

If rural/small town folk ask themselves why it is that the image of the hick and hayseed is so prevalent in this nation, perhaps they should take a closer look at Sarah Palin. If you don't want to be seen as a hick and hayseed, it might help if didn't put forward as your representative someone who acts like a hick and hayseed.

Just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home