Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The end of the Clinton era

The greatest surprise for me in this election season has been Bill Clinton. If you had asked me a year ago I would have said he would be Hillary's greatest asset. The reality is that he may have ended up being her greatest weakness. Josh Marshall discusses this here and I think he might be right that time has just passed Bill by and he doesn't realize it. The political environment has changed both technologically (with the web and viral videos) and philosophically (with a greater emphasis on grassroots democracy and less on the institutional politics he was the master of).

I'd still vote for him in a second over any Republican. But it's still a sad thing to see how ineffectual he has turned out to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home