Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Rush bothered and bewildered

Amazing. It looks like Media Matters has Rush on the defensive over his belittling of the Abu Ghraib scandal. I don't think he's used to it:

LIMBAUGH: Now, let's look at this -- this prison business.  When the first two or three pictures came out, and you know which ones they are -- the pyramid picture, which is what looks like a Skull and Bones initiation, the pyramid, the guys in the hoods, and we've got the female prison guard with a cigarette dangling from the mouth.  And we had this -- the guy in all -- in all black, hooded, and so forth, wires attached to various extremities.  And there was -- there was one other picture. 

And I said, "Well, you know, what's the big deal here?  This just looks like an average Skull and Bones initiation."  That quote, made the first day the pictures were published, is all that I am quoted as saying.  Well, maybe one other little quote.  I forget what it is.  But in this instance, not one journalist -- and that's what they are -- not one journalist has picked up the phone or sent me an e-mail, and said, "What do you mean by this.  Do you really think this?" 

Not one journalist has dared ask me for the context of the remark.  Not one person -- not one -- no Conservative journalist has either.  If there are Conservatives upset with me, I want to tell -- no one has gotten hold of me.  And I'm assuming that they're not listening to the program, because otherwise they would know the context of all this.  You can't -- I mean, I've spent 10 to 12 hours on this subject and said a whole lot on it, but that one comment seems to serve the purpose of those who have an agenda. 

...

CALLER: Just have a quick comment.  I just think it's a little hypocritical that you said that the media is taking some of your comments out of context when really your sound bites that you issue every day seem to be doing the same thing.  If you listen to the entire speeches, you can kind of get what some of the Democrats are talking about.  The way you --

LIMBAUGH: You know, Rob, I -- I -- I hate to interrupt here.  I'm only doing so because of time, but we got your -- your basic point.  Here's the difference.  In the first place, I don't take them out of context.  They are purposely taking me out of context.  I'm not complaining about it, though.  This is the one -- I want everybody to understand, I'm honored that this is -- don't get -- don't get upset about it.

"I'm not complaining about it, though."

Yeah, right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home