More on the Air America injunction
I've done a quick run-through of the AAR injunction request and MBRI it looks like this is what happened:
- AAR and MBRI reached agreements on leasing air time on the LA and Chicago stations.
- Some dispute has arisen with respect to the LA station (the allegation previously mentioned is that MBRI was double-billing the time on the LA station, meaning they were selling the time to both AAR and some other entity. I do not know anything about the truth or falsity of that allegation.)
- As a result of that dispute, AAR apparently put a stop payment to MBRI with respect to the LA station.
- MBRI, apparently in response, took AAR off the air in both the LA and Chicago stations.
- The essence of the injunction request is that MBRI did not have the right to suspend service in Chicago in response to a dispute about the LA station.
(caveat: I'm not a lawyer of course)