Friday, March 19, 2004

Pledges? We don't need any stinkin' pledges!

This is an example of what I am talking about:

Democrats are under attack. John Kerry is under attack. The very values you and I stand for are under attack.

I'm asking you to put your name on what you stand for.

Sign my pledge to show your support for John Kerry and the Democratic Cause.

The Bush Republican attack machines are launching an unfair, misleading smear campaign against John Kerry. Special interests -- the big-drug, big-insurance, big-corporate companies -- are dumping millions and millions of dollars into the Bush-Cheney campaign to do whatever it takes to maintain their right-wing grip on the White House.

You and I can do something about this attack -- right now. Show your support for John Kerry -- sign this pledge and pass it along to everyone you know who also worries about our future. We'll turn this battle into a victory, and we'll help create a better country for everyone.

I urge you to act right now.

James Carville

James Carville

I'm all for unity James. But John Kerry doesn't need the pledge of me, a lowly blogger, to beat Bush. He needs people like you and your buddy Bill to get out there in front of the camera at every moment possible defending Kerry and attacking Bush. We've already shown our loyalty. Time for you guys to do the same.

Update: The more I think about this the more it irks me. The temerity of asking me to pledge myself to John Kerry and the Democrats! What next? Loyalty oaths?

I'll tell you what James: it isn't I who needs to pledge myself to John Kerry.

It is John Kerry who needs to pledge himself to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home