Monday, March 22, 2004

Chilly moments on FOX?

I caught an interesting exchange on FOX this evening. It was the normal evening round table discussion with Brit Hume, Fred Barnes, Juan Williams and Mara Liason. The were discussing, of course, the Richard Clarke story. At one point Hume tried to make hay out of the fact that the 9/11 commission was planning to interview Clarke for 2 1/2 hours while they only scheduled George Tenet for 1 1/2 hours. Mara Liason off-handedly pointed out that Tenet could testify longer if he wanted to. Unfortunately, I didn't see the exact exchange as I was looking away at the time but from what I saw immediately afterward Brit seemed to be acting like Mara had just let rip with a big wet smelly one. There was a moment of uncomfortable silence followed by Mara essentially repeating her comment with an almost frightened look at Brit. Brit just went on with his point, essentially ignoring her existence.

It all went by so fast I'm not sure I really saw what I saw. But it looked like Hume was seriously upset by Mara interrupting his talking point. I wish I had it on videotape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home