Sunday, September 07, 2003

The "I" argument

Richard Reeves is yet another commentator who is acknowledging that what was once considered a sure thing, Bush's re-election, is no longer so. In fact, argues Mr. Reeves, it may be a sure thing that he will not be re-elected and he lists 10 reasons why he believes this to be so.

It could be argued now that President George W. Bush (news - web sites) cannot be re-elected -- not after screwing up most everything he touches.

If you doubt that, look at the record. The poor guy is a disaster.

I think the "I" argument ("I" for "Incompetence") has been and always will be a powerful argument against Bush. It wasn't pushed hard enough in 2000 because to many people confused it with the stupidity question. I don't think Bush is dumb.

I just don't think he's very good at whatever it is he puts his mind to doing. It's hard to look over his 55+ years of existence on this planet and find even one thing that he didn't leave the worse for having been involved with it.

Okay, maybe the Texas Rangers. If Mr. Bush wants to resign and become Baseball Commissioner I'd be more than happy to make that trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home