Wednesday, August 13, 2003

What? Me Worry?

As I grow older I am beginning to appreciate more and more just how little real power any of us have. Even those who, nominally, are supposed to have all the power aren't really as powerful as they seem. They just put on a good show and make everyone think they have the power. Headology is powerful magic. Is this a message of despair? No! Anything but! I think much of the stress in the world is caused by the belief that we can force the world to behave in ways that we want it to behave. Once we acknowledge the limits of our power the better we can marshall our limited resources to effect real change. I'll let Karl Rove and George Bush worry about what they are going to do in the coming year. I'll just do what I can to help whip their butts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home