Friday, July 11, 2003

The sounds of silence

In case your wondering why I haven't written that much about the Niger/Uranium story its because I'm much to busy at work to keep up with a story that is changing by the hour and many others in the blogopshere are doing an admirable job anyway. Besides, one of my biggest complaints about the news media is the way it handles breaking news. They are so desperate to get something out there that they often run with questionable information that later proves to be false but often taints the publics perception of the problem for years to come (e.g., polls that show many Americans thinking that we have already found WMD in Iraq). It would be rather hypocritical of me, therefore, to try to fill up web space with breaking news. Besides, I got burned a little on the CHB story so I think I will leave the Headline News type posts to others who are willing to devote the time to it. I'm more of a historian than a reporter anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home