Saturday, January 18, 2003

Expanding on my previous post: I actually find it encouraging that the anti-war movement is developing without any prominent national leadership. Our media is obsessed with personalities. If any one or two individuals were to rise to that level then the whole movement would become, in the media's presentation of it, a minor adjunct to those people's personalities. Furthermore, when there is a prominent leader the movement becomes that much more vulnerable to being killed off at the head (either by a convenient scandal or a real death). I like the way this is developing and I'm not sure I want anyone to become to prominent. Especially not if they are a politician who is looking to make a name for themselves by riding the crest of a new wave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home