Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Q: How do you eat an elephant?

A: One bite at a time.

Courtesy DemSpeak:

I saw this phrase recently, and I thought that it fit so perfectly with what we are doing here, that I had to share. I think it is a nice metaphor for the task that lies ahead. We need to do in a matter of months what the conservative "movement" took 30 years to accomplish. We have a huge advantage that they didn't have, the internet.

The internet allows us to each be taking one bit at a time, and in the process take 55 million bites at once, in a somewhat coordinated fashion. The need for the "think tanks" that conservatives created, is considerably lessened in this day and age. With Dean at the helm of the DNC, we, the people, will have the power to change this country.

I do think that we have this enormous task of changing the moral frame of 5 or 10 million people, but by working together in cyberspace, I am quite hopeful about our success.

Don't eat the elephant by yourself!

Chomp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home