Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Anti-Tax Anonymous

There is a column in this morning's Oregonian about the effort to convert Portland General Electric (a subsidiary of Enron) into a PUD. I won't get into the details of the proposal as I don't know to much about it and it isn't why I'm posting this link. I'm posting this link because of the following paragraph:

Antitax rhetoric has become the crack cocaine of American politics. The campaigns sell it, the voters smoke it and the impact on society is just as destructive as -- and far more extensive than -- the literal crack cocaine epidemic. But unlike crack cocaine, this rhetoric shows no signs of going out of style.

The writer makes mention of Kerry's attacks on Dean and Gephardt for proposing that all of Bush's tax cut be rescinded. The writer makes the point that Kerry has to know that the system can't be saved piece-meal, but Kerry knows that anti-tax rhetoric sells and so he is using it, to his own long-term detriment. He is right that anti-tax rhetoric has become a drug that few can resist sampling despite its increasingly obvious negative effects.

This country needs an intervention in the worst way.


Blogger hjkl said...

You said you will love me wow gold the whole life, but WoW Gold you marry her. You said you will wow power leveling,come to marry me, but this will not be carried out forever.WoW Gold I am trying my best to forget you and do not love you anymore. wow leveling But I failed and I still love you. Maybe wow leveling she needs you more compared wow leveling with me. So I tell you that world of warcraft power leveling you should love world of warcraft power leveling her and take good world of warcraft leveling care of her. You said I was so kind.world of warcraft leveling Yes, because I love you,world of warcraft leveling I hope you will be power leveling happy forever.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home