Wednesday, January 29, 2003

GACK!!!! I haven't mentioned it before, but I happen to be a big fan of Babylon 5. Well, considering that and my opinions of Bush, you can imagine my reaction to the following:
From: Jms at B5 (jmsatb5@aol.com) Subject: Things You Don't Expect to Hear View: Complete Thread (116 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated Date: 2002-11-27 05:02:17 PST So I was talking to Doug Netter this afternoon, who had in turn spoken with Bruce Boxleitner earlier in the day about the year 2 DVD. In the course of that conversation, Bruce mentioned something that Doug in turn mentioned to me. To wit: Bruce had been at the White House about a month ago, in the company of wife Melissa Gilbert, president of the Screen Actors Guild, for a discussion with some of the functionaries there concerning acting roles moving north of the Canadian border. As they're talking, in a long conference room, in the middle of the meeting the door oens and Karl Rove -- main strategist for the Republican Party and power behind the White House throne -- comes in. He says (paraphrased from memory) to Melissa, "I hope you'll forgive me, but I actually here to see Bruce." He then tells Bruce, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm a big science fiction fan, and that Babylon 5 is the best science fiction television series *ever*." Then there's a pause, and he adds.... "And the President thinks so too." Upon hearing this, I went to lie down for a spell, but I fully expect to be back on my feet by Spring, latest. jms (jmsatb5@aol.com) (all message content (c) 2002 by synthetic worlds, ltd., permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine and don't send me story ideas)
God have mercy! President Clarke...er...Bush is a B5 fan? This shakes me to the core. (Thanks to Lis for bringing this to my attention)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home