Thursday, January 30, 2003

Ahead of speech here Helen Thomas decries Bush By Diana Louise Carter Democrat and Chronicle ... After 57 years with UPI, Thomas quit when The Rev. Sun Myung Moon’s News World Communications bought the ailing news service. She joined Hearst News Service as a twice-weekly syndicated columnist covering the White House. She is happy at Hearst, she says, having worked through a difficult transition in writing style. After decades of writing news, Thomas says, “I barely realized how much I censored myself. I didn’t bow out of the human race, but I always kept my opinion to myself. Now I can say what I think.” That freedom comes at a price, of course. “I’m hating to read my e-mail,” she says. “No one seems to agree with me.”
You know what to do: helent@hearstdc.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home